Profile configuration WPA2-Enterprise on Android
This article should be used as a reference guide for manually configuring a WPA2-Enterprise wireless profile with RADIUS authentication (IEEE 802.1X) on Android devices.
This profile will allow Android devices to connect to Wifiplex networks.
The screenshots may differ on your devices, but the procedure remains the same.
- On the main page, go to parameters.
- Go to Wi-Fi / Add Wi-Fi network
- Enter the name of the SSID network in the first box
This is your network name (Ex: 1680Belleville )
- Choose 802.1x EAP from the Security drop-down menu.
- Choose PEAP from the EAP method drop-down menu
- Choose MSCHAPV2 from the Phase 2 authentication drop-down menu
- Enter the username in the identityfield. (username given by your owner). Example: porte1)
- Enter the corresponding password in the password field (Password provided by your owner)
- You can also check the Show password box to verify that the password was entered correctly.
- Press save to save the changes.
- If the connection button is gray and you cannot click it, you will need to change the ” certificate ” option to ” do not validate the certificate “.
Note : This WPA2-Enterprise profile setup guide is based on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3113 with version of Android 4.1.1. The setup process may vary slightly on other Android devices. However, the configuration should be quite similar.